This is a simple bingo caller app for Android, created in App Inventor.
It works as it is, but there’s things about it that could be improved. Feel free to have a go, or just use bits for your own projects.
The options in the app:
- Speed range (1 to 20 second delay between numbers)
- Number range (1-70, 1-75, 1-90)
- Sound (on/off)
- Start/Stop calling numbers
Things the app would benefit from:
- Sort the called numbers into ascending order
- Option to read out the called numbers
- Speed slider to move in 0.5 second increments
- Keep screen awake while running
What is Bingo?
Bingo, in case anyone doesn’t know, is a game where numbers are picked at random and called out. Players have cards with a selection of the numbers on, which they cross off as that number is called out. The first person to cross out each corner; a horizontal line; or every number on their card and to shout “bingo!” wins.
How to use the app:
- Install and run the app
- Choose the speed you want (3 to 5 seconds seems favourite with my kids)
- Choose the number range (based on the cards you are using)
- Press “Start”
- Press “Stop” when someone calls bingo
The Small Print
- As with everything I’ve created and uploaded here, feel free to download a copy and use it for non-commercial purposes.
- You should virus check any downloads before opening or running them. I upload them clean, but you should not rely on that.